Subject: referencing fonts in pdf and embedding them in
pdf-a with one fop.xconf

Hi all,

I’m trying to create one fop.xconfig so that fonts are automatically embedded in pdf-A and referenced in pdf.

I defined the tag <referenced-fonts> and also the embed-url attribute but referenced-fonts always prevails and pdf-a generation fails with this error:

org.apache.fop.pdf.PDFConformanceException: For PDF/A-1b, all fonts have to be embedded!

My config is:

<fonts>

  <referenced-fonts>

    <match font-family="Arial"/>

  </referenced-fonts>

</fonts>

I have read the manual pages and searched online but I didn’t find a clear answer;

there is a way to do that with just one config file?

Thank you very much

Francesco Nigro

Reserch and Development

Land: +39 059 88680