Subject: AW: AW: Hyphenation

Hi,

sorry Soft Hyphenation is nto an option, because the âwordsâ are no longer searchable by the adobe reader.

So the adhoc rules will be the right choise, so I will try to insert a kind of adhoc breaking before the exception will be thrown.

Do you know a possiblity to find the best position in the words to break?

I started to modify the LineLayoutManager class but Iâm not sure, there is maybe a better way to do this task.

Best regards

Markus

Von: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@xxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. MÃrz 2013 17:35
An: fop-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: AW: Hyphenation

I think it better to require the author to insert SOFT HYPHEN (­) rather than encode more adhoc rules into the existing code.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM, <markus.sticker.epos@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Robert,

Iâve got some more cases with the hyphenation issue.

So, is it possible to extent the hyphenation patch with things like
â0xFFFFFFFFâ and identifierers with numbers used like
characters (R2D2_C3PO or TAB2D_3_260) . I also get problems with

things like abc_dfe_RTF_XYZ() or GET_MILEAGE_FROM_NAB() . The

brackets at the end seems to produce some nonhypenated strings.

So maybe it is possible to have something like a emergency hyphenating, so
it beaks if the lineOverflows event will be thrown.

Original:

 TAB_1892

Result:

  TAB-