Subject: RE: Performance improvement suggestions

Thanks John, doing that I now get this error:

fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false)
fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:423)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:346)
Could not find the main class: fopFactory.setStrictValidation(false).
Program will exit.

-----
just starting out with FOP - don't hurt me!