Subject: RE: FOP 1.1 embedded examples

Hi Arjan,

I did the following to get it working:

1) From the command line I went to the examples\embedding\ directory and ran ant to generate all the classes into a ./build/ directory.
2) I then ran the following from the same directory:

java -cp "build/classes:../../lib/*:../../build/fop.jar" embedding.ExampleFO2PDF

It will be slightly different for you though as I am on Linux. To get it running on Windows you will need to change the colons for semi-colons e.g.

java -cp "build/classes;../../lib/*;../../build/fop.jar" embedding.ExampleFO2PDF

That should then generate the output successfully into the ./out/ directory.

Let me know if you are still having problems

Regards,

Robert Meyer

> From: arjan.bokx@xxxxxxxxx
> To: fop-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: FOP 1.1 embedded examples
> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 07:29:14 +0000
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a question about getting the "embedded" examples of FOP 1.1 to work.
> Is this the right place to ask?
> (If not, please redirect me and disregard the following)
>
> My OS is Windows XP.
> I've downloaded and installed the Java SDK 1.7.0_10
> I've downloaded and installed fop 1.1
> I've downloaded and installed Ant.
> With Ant, I compiled the "embedded" examples.
> "Ant example1" correctly runs ExampleFO2PDF.
> What should I do to call ExampleFO2PDF from Java? Actually I wish to call it from Delphi, using JNI, but first things first.
> "Java ExampleFO2PDF" from the command line gives:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ExampleFO2PDF (wrong name: embedding/ExampleFO2PDF)
>
> When I add just about every path to the classpath with the command line option -cp, I get:
> Error: Could not find or load main class ExampleFO2PDF.main
>
> Could you help me please.
>

> Regards,
> Arjan Bokx

r>>