Re: .ttc fonts with version 0.95 (no metric
files?)

Hello,

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

> what exactly didn't work creating the metric files for a TTC?

the problem is my lack of study. I use the oXygen Editor to develop my own
framework, this is where I have to use a shell script, but I did not find
out where to write the -ttcname part:

****shell script*****
#!/bin/sh
export CMD='java -cp lib/fop.jar:lib/avalon-framework-
4.2.0.jar:lib/xercesImpl.jar:lib/xalan.jar:lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -ttcname "HGPMinchoB"'
export FONT=/Library/Fonts/HGRMB.TTC
$CMD $FONT HGPMinchoB.xml
*********

****terminal reaction*****
mbp:oXygen ms$ sh ttfConvert.sh
TTF Reader for Apache FOP 0.95

Parsing font...
Reading /Library/Fonts/HGRMB.TTC...
This is a TrueType collection file with 3 fonts
Containing the following fonts:
HGMinchoB
HGPMinchoB
HGSMinchoB
Error while building XML font metrics file.
java.io.IOException: Name does not exist in the TrueType collection:
"HGPMinchoB"

mbp:oXygen ms$
*********

The oXygen staff helps me wherever I cannot find a solution, so I asked them
where to put the -ttcname part, but expect the answer not before monday.

I really have to apologize, I am an archaeologist, and there is a lot to
learn, sometimes I do not find the right starting point. So I will check the
links you sent me:

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

> To your question: no, I don't think TTCs will work without XML font
> metrics in FOP 0.95.
>
> Please take a look at:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html#Changes+to+the+Font+Subsystem
> There have been a number of improvements on font support, na...

mely also an

> improvement for TTCs concerning auto-detection, in FOP Trunk. When
> configuring a single sub-font of a TTC, Trunk also contains an
> improvement:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#truetype-collections-metrics
> (see the "sub-font" attribute on )

Thanks a lot!