Subject: Re: .ttc fonts with version 0.95 (no metric
files?)

Maria,

what exactly didn't work creating the metric files for a TTC?

To your question: no, I don't think TTCs will work without XML font
metrics in FOP 0.95.

Please take a look at:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html#Changes+to+the+Font+Subsystem
There have been a number of improvements on font support, namely also an
improvement for TTCs concerning auto-detection, in FOP Trunk. When
configuring a single sub-font of a TTC, Trunk also contains an
improvement:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#truetype-collections-metrics
(see the "sub-font" attribute on <font>)