Subject: Re: Transparent Text

If I'm not mistaken, XSL-FO doesn't provide anything to do transparent
text. The only thing you can do is "white on white". For text with
transparency you'd have to look towards SVG with its opacity attributes.
FOP/Batik can handle those but I haven't checked what exactly happens if
you have an opacity of 0 (there's a risk that it might be "optimized"
away). It would be great if you could report back if that works once
you've tried it.

On 27.02.2009 15:11:02 Duncan McGregor wrote:
> Thanks for the swift response Paul.
>
> I don't know if I explained this well. What I want is for the text's
> _foreground_ colour (hey, just realised you must be a Brit) to be
> fully transparent. That way it will not display when overlaid on the
> background image, but will still be searchable and selectable.
> Transparent block background seems to be the default, but I only seem
> to have 3 rgb channels of foreground
>
> <fo:block-container left='26.4px' position='absolute'
> top='252.48px'>
> <fo:block font-size='8.16px' color='rgb(255, 0, 0)'>
> subject to credit status. lf you are not accepted lor a
> credit
> account, you will not be entitled to claim your
> </fo:block>
> </fo:block-container>
>
> Cheers
>
> Duncan
>

> On 27 Feb 2009, at 12:16, paul womack wrote:
>
> > Duncan McGregor wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> I'm trying to work out how to write transparent text to overlay OCR
> >> data on top of its source image.
> >> I've seen it done in PDFs, bu...

t cannot find how to represent