Subject: Re: Transparent Text

Duncan McGregor wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to work out how to write transparent text to overlay OCR data on top of its source image.

I've seen it done in PDFs, but cannot find how to represent transparency in xsl:fo

Thanks in anticipation

Text is set in the foreground colour, and has no background colour
per se.

What might be loosely termed "opaque text" is merely text upon (and in)
a coloured box (which has a colour, which we might term background colour)

If the text you wish to be "transparent" is in a box, it is the box's
colour you need to suppress - so if you've been looking
in the text control parameters, you may well have missed it.

BugBear