Van: Chris Bowditch [mailto:bowditch_chris@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Verzonden: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:56 PM
Aan: fop-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: Image caching issue in FOP 0.20.5

A.Jha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeking your help in sorting out memory issue in my application.
>
> _*Background:*_
> I am using* FOP version 0.20.5*. I am experiencing memory leakage in
my
> application since I am using FOP 0.20.5 for PDF generation.
>
> Recent heap dumps generated in my application shows lots of images
(JPG
> and GIF) in the heap memory.
> Heap dump shows class* org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory* as leak
> suspect.
>
> Could you please help me in gettting answers for below mentioned
questions:

> 1. Image caching issue is there in FOP version 0.20.5?

I don't think so. How many images are you embedding in your document?
Perhaps the cause for Out Of Memory Errors is that you've got a document

with a 1000 unique images in it? Or maybe just 1 image per document but
you submit 1000 documents which each reference a difference image. If
the latter case is true, then you could resolve the problem by clearing
the image cache after every X documents. There is an API method to clear

the cache but can't remember what it was without looking at the code...

> 2. If yes can this issue be resolved by upgrading to higher
version
> of FOP?

0.20.5 is very old now and there's very little knowledge of it within
the FOP committer team. For this reason alone it is worth upgrading to
the latest stable release.

> 3. If so please suggest appropriate version?

v0.95 is the latest stable release.

> Please let me know what could be done to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Chris

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
Rabobank Nederland is een handelsnaam van de Cooperatieve
Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A.Rabobank Nederland
staat ingeschreven bij de K.V.K. onder nr. 30046259
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.
Rabobank Nederland is a trade name of Cooperatieve Centrale
Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. Rabobank Nederland is registered
by the Chamber of commerce under nr. 30046259