Re: span is influencing page breaking?

On 20 Feb 2009, at 18:55, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

On 20 Feb 2009, at 18:31, Andreas Delmelle wrote:

On 20 Feb 2009, at 15:47, Georg Datterl wrote:
Attached fo-file contains a red block which is printed on the first page, although there's not enough space left. If I remove the span="all" for the block, it is printed on the next page. Can you tell me why span="all" is influencing the page break here?

I don't know why exactly, but the good news is that with FOP Trunk, I cannot reproduce the issue.

Sorry, ignore this. I tried with my local sandbox copy, which has a few changes that influence the behavior of the span-property.

FWIW: I've been playing a bit with the sample file. For another reason, though. I'm quite puzzled as to why the leading space in the innermost inlines is preserved...

Suddenly, I bumped into this:
One of the influencing factors for the issue described by Georg, seems to be the column with zero width in the outer table. If you change that to a very low value, like "proportional-column-width(0.001)", then the table is moved to the second page.

Cheers

Andreas