Subject: Re: PDF OK, but overflow warnings

Hmm, the end-indent does have its reason to exist. If that was the
problem, it means that your list-block is not set up correctly for the
stuff you want to use in it. By removing the end-indent you just avoid
the symptom. You won't be able to detect actual overflows which affect
the visual outcome anymore. Granted, if all that's in the label is a
bullet character, it's no big deal, but if you have number which can
grow, at some point the text may overflow on the text in the item-body
and you won't notice in production until the document is printed and
sent to the recipient.

If you want to be on the safe side you should consider putting back the
end-indent and instead adjust provisional-distance-between-starts and
provisional-label-separation on fo:list-block.

Introduction to list-block in the FO spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e12374