Re: Making Links in PDF

Finally got to look into that. Two things:

1. There was a bug in PDFFactory that caused the bug you mention. I've
just fixed that: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=744690&view=rev
But that only really fixes part of a problem with SVG #svgView(viewBox())
functionality (as mentioned in the commit message). For reference, the
SVG test case to reproduce the problem can be found here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk/samples/tests/spec/linking/linkingViewBox.svg

2. But you seem to want to use PDFDocumentGraphics2D outside an SVG
context. Looking at the code I don't think that was foreseen. The code
covers only the functionality required by above-mentioned #svgView stuff,
either external links or the viewBox() method (FitR in PDF). Things like
/XYZ cannot be done using PDFGraphics2D.addLink at the moment. For that,
the code would have to be refactored.

If you pass "0 0 10 10" (or other 4 integers representing arguments to
the /FitR function) as "dest" parameter into addLink(), it should work.
But specifying the function itself will lead to errors in Acrobat Reader.

Patches to improve that (and above SVG problem) are welcome.

On 13.02.2009 12:05:17 useratnab wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get an "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot reference this object. It doesn't
> have an object number"
>
> Is there somehting wrong with using "addLink"?
>
> <pre>
> PDFDocumentGraphics2D pdf2D;
> AffineTransform Tx = new AffineTransform( 1...

, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0);