Re: Mac ttf fonts -- still causing trouble...

Hi,

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

>>The problem is mentioned
>> frequently on this forum a well, a missing cmap table as the terminal
>> says
>> (although it seems that the fonts do have a cmap table).
>
> More precisely, FOP requires a "Unicode CMap table". Unfortunately, not
> all fonts have that.

OK

>> 1) Are there any Korean or Chinese ttf fonts for Mac that are known to
>> work?
>
> I don't know much about Korean and Chinese so I don't have any
> recommendations. Let's hope someone else can help here.

I found several more sources for free fonts yesterday, those I tested
already work fine (Japanese, Korean), and I am still going to check the
rest: Chinese modern and traditional.

>> 2) This problem occurs in several variations between 2006 and 2008 on
>> this
>> forum, has there been a solution in the meantime?
>
> No. So far nobody had enough of an itch to do something about it, I'm
> afraid.

haha!

> Sorry for not having a better answer for you.

No, it helps to know that I did not miss anything obvious. Thanks.