Subject: Re: Printing PDF on the client default printer.

In that case, the most obvious solution is to write a Java Applet that
contains FOP. You can use the PrintRenderer there. From an Applet you
should be able to print to the client's own default printer because it
resides and runs inside the client's browser. Maybe there are commercial
solutions around (ActiveX or whatever) that might be able to do similar
things.

On 11.02.2009 21:32:02 jgfa9 wrote:

> Thanks again but I'm afraid I'm not in the same case : I don't want to print
> a pdf that already exists : I generate the pdf from xml source and xsl file
> and want to send it directly to client's default printer instead of
> displaying it (that works).
> Do you have an idea ?
>

> jgfa9 wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > The following message, posted on the list in 2004 exactly describes my
> > situation : I'm able to print a generated pdf file directly on printer
> > (not prompted to be opened) on the app server default printer but I'm not
> > able to print on the client default printer.
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 00:29, Manoj_Nair@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> My requirement is to render an XML as a PDF and then print the PDF on
> >> the
> >> clients default printer. I dont want the PDF to prompt user to open the
> >> acrobat reader.
> >>
> >> I already have an applet on the client side which uses PrinterJob class
> >> popup the printer selection box on client side.
> >>
> >> Now how do I redirect the content from server to this printer?
> >>
><...

i> >> Should I use Driver.RENDER_PRINT / Driver.RENDER_PCL set in the fop