Subject: Re: Not want Space between inlines

I'm not sure I'm hitting the right spot here, but you could try to use
linefeed-treatment="ignore" (default is "treat-as-space"). Your
stylesheet may be responsible for adding whitespace or more probably
line feeds which would explain the unwanted spaces. Without seeing your
FO file it's difficult to guess.

See also:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#linefeed-treatment