Subject: Re: AW: AW: [Postscript] German umlauts are not
shown for Postscript output of Trunk

Thanks. So, I fixed the wrong thing this morning (although it wasn't a
bad idea to change what I changed). Based on your information I believe
I've now fixed the right thing:

Anyway, I would like to recommend to you to stop using XML font metrics
file and instead rely on the AFM accompanying a PFB file. To make FOP
reference the font instead of to embed it, you can use this:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#embedding
(only available in FOP Trunk)

It's recommended because this gets you access to all the glyphs in a
Type 1 font and not just the ones in "WinAnsiEncoding". And also a bit
because PFMs are often unreliable.