Subject: Re: [Postscript] German umlauts are not shown for
Postscript output of Trunk

I think I know now what the problem is. You're using PS output with no
"resource optimization" [1] (the default). In that mode, the fonts are
set up before we know what characters are used. I seem to have forgotten
to test the PS output in that mode after my changes to make all
available glyphs in a Type 1 font usable in PostScript. The short-term
work-around is to enable "resource optimization":
<optimize-resources>true</optimize-resources> in the configuration.

I'll see to it that this gets fixed.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/output.html#ps-configuration