Re: Suppress the Form-Feed at the end of a
page-sequence

Steffanina, Jeff wrote:
> Unfortunately, the "single" page-sequence is so large that I run out of
> memory.

The problem is that figuring out a pagination strategy consumes memory.
The page-sequence is one way FOP knows that it can stop calculating
pagination and issue a bunch of complete pages; if pagination continued
across page-sequences, youâd have the same memory problem with multiple
page-sequences.

I wonder if FOP could âhardenâ pages after some window, say 100 pages,
and free the relevant memory, regardless of page-sequence breaks. That
would address your problem and several othersâ.

~Chris
--
Chris Maden, text nerd <URL: http://crism.maden.org/ >
âAll I ask of living is to have no chains on me,