Subject: RE: cell number overflow

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Hennebert [mailto:vhennebert@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 5:47 AM
To: fop-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

fopuser wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Well, I could bet, that this has already been an issue. however, I didn't
> find anything in the archives. I'm trying to move an old piece-a-code from
> fop 0.20 to fop 0.95. Here are the details:
>
> - java v1.6.0
> - fop 0.95

<snip/>

> As one can see, there is a table defined with two columns per row. The table
> itself calls a template, which contains four columns per ...

row. Using FOP

> 0.20, this works perfectly well. Using FOP 0.95, I get the following error:
>
> Error(232/15): column-number or number of cells in the row overflows the
> number of fo:table-column specified for the table.
>
> Now, questions are:
> - are there any settings, which allow to ignore such things?
> - should they be ignored, at all?

You have two solutions: either you put additional fo:table-column
elements to match the actual number of columns in the table, or you
remove all the fo:table-column elements completely. In the latter case
the whole table will be parsed to infer the number of columns.

This behaviour aims at satisfying both kind of users. Those who want
performance specify table-column elements, which gives the number of
columns in the table and allows to immediately start the layout; but
that means that cells in the table must match the number of columns.
Those who want flexibility need not bother to specify table-columns, but
then that requires to parse the whole table once before starting the
layout.

> One could imagine to fix the stylesheet. However, the stylesheet has a total
> length of 6200 lines. It's quite painfull to fix it.
>
> I'll appretiate your opinions.

HTH,
Vincent