Re: [Evolution] evolution MAPI provider required

MAPI won't help you in that case as it will use the exchange protocol. As I
mentioned yesterday, an oversimplified way to look at the Exchange protocol is
that it is like IMAP with a PIM component. Like IMAP, mail remains on the
server until deleted. I don't know if the IMAP/expunge and the Exchange/empty
trash work the same way, but in either case, until you do that, your mail is
still there.

If you need to delete mail from the server upon retrieving it, POP3 is the
protocol that you want. Exchange 2003 supports POP3 and it is enabled by
default.

Ask your Exchange administrator what to use as the POP server. On our server,
it is the same as the Exchange server name -- without the /exchange used for
OWA.

One of the things I am looking forward to, which should help you as well, is
the PST import/export plug in. That way, you can continue to enjoy the benefits
of Exchange, while keeping your server storage use within quota.

Maybe another thing you can do, if you want to use Exchange, is to move mail to
local folders upon retrieval wit a filter.

In any case, MAPI will be nice, but will not solve the problem you are having.

--
Art Alexion
MIS/Central Office Support