Subject: Re: [Evolution] iCal Write access?

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 14:39 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

> > > Yes. It can publish free/busy info as iCal and can cope with CalDAV,
> > > but iCal sources are treated as web based items and as such are assumed
> > > to be read only.
> > >
> > > P.
> >

> > Are you sure Evolution cannot write to a CalDAV server Pete? That's a fairly
> > important aspect of CalDAV, isn't it?
> >

> Yes, it can write to CalDAV, that's what I said, i.e. that it can cope
> with it. It can't write/update web based iCal files, but it can write
> free/busy iCal files using WebDAV. Confusing isn't it!
>
> So yes, CalDAV works fully - I use it all the time in conjunction with a
> Zimbra server.
>
> Pete

OK,

I see what I am doing wrong.

For eGroupware to use groupdav, you need to set up a separate webdav
repository, then add a mechanism to authenticate against the eGroupware
user/password combos for the webdav.

All details here:
http://www.egroupware.org/index.php?page_name=wiki&lang=&wikipage=WebDav

Although, it would be nice to have one set up by default :)

So does the lightning plugin break a standard or two by being able to
write to an iCal server?

Phil