Re: Funny discrepancy in System clock & file
creation date on R4600 IP22

On Wed, 2002-03-20 13:23:03 -0500, Serge Gagne <sgagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <3C98D387.44B921B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have just install for the first time debian on a SGI Indy R4600 100Mhz
> 160Mo. The installation went fine. I downloaded libIDL-0.6.8.tar.gz in
> /usr/src then started tar zxvf to find out that the file creation date
> tar produced was sometime in 1997! The date command report the current
> date correctly! I'm unable to ./configure libIDL cause my system
> obviously in not sane timewise ;-(

When tar creates a file, it tries to restore the original file's
modification time, so some files in your archive might be some
5 years old? ...or the creator's computer clock was bad.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw . jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
-- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --