Subject: Programmatically opened NSPanel not responding to
actions

I would like to ask your expert opinion on a very brief issue:
In my controller I am constructing an Utility NSPanel with a NSButton
component, without a problem,
yet any control I add, does not seem to function when using it.
Is there a call or binding I need to set before the button appears to
function in the UI ('clickable')
(so regardless of any attached operations)?

I am adding the NSPanel with the addWindowsItem, and display it consequently
with
a deminiaturize call.

Many thanks,

JB