Subject: Re: NSTextField and clickable links

http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2006/qa1487.html

It has to be selectable and allow editing text attributes.

On 31-Mar-09, at 9:15 AM, Vijay Kanse wrote:

Hello List,

I have successfully set Url to text field with attributed strings. I am not
able to get hand cursor on textfield.
I am using this code for clickable link.
[thetextfield setAllowsEditingTextAttributes:YES];
NSMutableAttributedString *attrstr = [[NSMutableAttributedString alloc]
initWithString:[thetextfield stringValue]];
NSRange selectedRange = { 0, [[thetextfield stringValue] length] };

[attrstr beginEditing];

NSMutableDictionary *dictionary = [NSMutableDictionary dictionary];
[dictionary setValue:[NSNumber numberWithInt:NSSingleUnderlineStyle]
forKey:NSUnderlineStyleAttributeName];
[dictionary setValue:theurl forKey:NSLinkAttributeName];
[dictionary setValue:[NSColor colorWithCalibratedRed:0.1 green: 0.1
blue:1.0 alpha:1.0] forKey:NSForegroundColorAttributeName];
[dictionary setValue:[NSCursor pointingHandCursor]
forKey:NSCursorAttributeName];

[attrstr addAttributes:dictionary range:selectedRange];

[attrstr endEditing];

[thetextfield setAttributedStringValue:attrstr];

I am getting all things o.k.
but i am not able to see hand icon on application start on textfield.
I tried to add a cursor on text field.

[thetextfield addCursorRect:[thetextfield bounds] cursor:[NSCursor
pointingHandCursor]];

i write this methods in awakeFromNib.

can any one tell me what is the problem with displaying Pointing Hand Cursor
?
am i missing to set any property for text field.

text field displays hand cursor once i clicked on it and it changes its
fonts also.

any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

This email sent to bwalkin@xxxxxxxxx