Subject: NSTableColumn's sort key in Interface Builder

Hello,

I have a table view whose delegate's - tableView:objectValueForTableColumn:row: returns an NSDictionary with key value pairs that look like this for each of its columns (the columns' cells are responsible for extracting some subset of this dictionary to display to the user):

{
xkDateModified = 2008-01-15 23:03:00 -0800;
xkDisplayStatus = "Awaiting Pickup";
xkFileName = "stuff.graffle";
xkOwnerID = "lala@xxxxxxxxxxxx";
}

I'd like to make the "File Name" columns sortable, so I've set up the file name column's sort key to be xkFileName and the selector to be compare:. The sorting triangle appears in the header, but the column isn't being sorted.

I have verified using an NSLog() inside of - tableView:objectForTableColumn:row: that [resultObjectValue valueForKeyPath:@"xkFileName"] returns the proper file names.

What am I doing wrong?

Mike