Subject: Re: Properties and the runtime

On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:39 PM, Luke the Hiesterman wrote:
On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:
@synthesize synthesizes the implementation of the methods only and that is where the runtime dependency is introduced.

Does this statement imply that there is no runtime dependency if I do not synthesize my properties?

That would be an accurate observation of a particular implementation detail of the current compiler, yes. And it is unlikely -- but not impossible -- that it might change in the future.

And it is an unsupported assumption.

b.bum