"Un-deleting" objects in an
NSManagedObjectContext?

I've tried reading TFM and searching TFW, but can't find a solution to a little problem. I just noticed that, if -[NSManagedObjectContext save:] fails due to a delete operation failing to validate, then the object to delete remains in the deletedObjects set. How do I get it out of that set without resetting the entire context? I don't want a failed delete to stall future save operations, so I want to discard the changes.

And before anyone points out the -validateForDelete: method, I can't use that method, because it often fails to work correctly in my model (I've found several cases where it returns NO when it should be returning YES, and the context is able to delete the object anyway).

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>