Re: user access privileges to plist in
/library/preferences

On 2009 Mar 27, at 10:44, <memo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I'd like to load/save some global preferences of my app. I have it all
as an NSMutableDictionary and I load/save it as a plist in
/library/preferences.

If the user logged in does not have admin rights obviously the file does
not save. How can I overcome this problem programatically from my app?

This is a fairly frequently-asked question which unfortunately has an answer that will keep you busy for awhile...

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2009/2/14/230239