Subject: Re: user access privileges to plist in
/library/preferences

Hi Sjors, thanks for the swift reply.

I'd like the file to be user independent, so it should always read/write to
the same file whoever logs in (it actually collects stats of usage). Is
there a better place to store the file? (has to be outside of /users) How
can I overcome the privileges issue?

Cheers,

Memo.

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:50:01 +0100, Sjors van Berkel
<mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you save the file in ~/library/preferences/ the user will have
> access to the files because it is in the local user directory.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Sjors
>
> Op 27 mrt 2009, om 18:44 heeft <memo@xxxxxxx> <memo@xxxxxxx> het
> volgende geschreven:
>

>> Hi, I'd like to load/save some global preferences of my app. I have
>> it all
>> as an NSMutableDictionary and I load/save it as a plist in
>> /library/preferences.
>>
>> If the user logged in does not have admin rights obviously the file
>> does
>> not save. How can I overcome this problem programatically from my app?

sjorsvanberkel.nl