[Solved] Need help animating a view-switch

Hello again,

the solution was to replace the forView argument below

[UIView setAnimationTransition: UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft
forView: curViewController.view cache: YES];

with its container view, which happens to be the window, in my case:

[UIView setAnimationTransition: UIViewAnimationTransitionFlipFromLeft
forView: curViewController.view.window cache: YES];

I went back and read Apple's documentation again and, sure enough, the answer was right there in the doc for UIView:

"If you want to change the appearance of a view during a transition— for example, flip from one view to another—then use a container view, an instance of UIView, as follows:

Begin an animation block.
Set the transition on the container view.
Remove the subview from the container view.
Add the new subview to the container view.
Commit the animation block."