Subject: Re: Reading one line at a time using NSFileHandle

I read the CocoaBuilder thread to no avail. fgets won't work in my case because
my text file contains special characters which fgets mangles.

BTW, my file is not large - less than 1K. And I know it's encoding - MacRoman.
And I know the line endings "/n".

But what I don't know is which API to use to read non-ASCII lines of text one
at a time from one file, and write them to another file after processing each
one.

One would think Cocoa would have something like fgets but that works with any
encoding.

Erg

________________________________
From: Matt Neuburg <matt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Erg Consultant <erg_consultant@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: cocoa-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:24:29 AM

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:36:01 -0700 (PDT), Erg Consultant
<erg_consultant@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>Is there a way to read one line of a text file at a time using NSFileHandle
(the way fgets does)?

Is it my imagination or did we not just have a big thread about this...?

<http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2009/2/2/229302>

m.
--
matt neuburg, phd = matt@xxxxxxxxxxx, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!