NSTableView reloadData from two sources?

Hello,

In my project I have 2 classes I created:

Controller class - NSObject subclass
DropView class - NSView subclass

In my DropView class I accept drops and initialize an NSArray with the items.
Then back in my Controller class I continue the processing where my Controller
class is also the datasource/delegate for a TableView that I have. My question
is it's easy to send a reloadData message to my TableView from my Controller
class since it's connected but how can I send a reloadData message to my
TableView from my DropView class if needed? I have made a second connection to
my TableView from my DropView class with a different variable name and it works
but I don't know if that's a good way to do it? Any suggestions on the proper
way?

Thank you,

Rick