Subject: Force bindings to sync

I'm trying out Cocoa bindings in my application, mostly on NSTextFields, and am running into a small glitch.

While my object is updated just fine when a field loses focus, nothing happens when the window is closed or a button is clicked: the last- edited field is always out of sync. How can I force the focused element to "commit" its changes?