Subject: Re: NIB Init method for window subclasses

That explains it, Thank you Mike.

On Mar 25, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Michael Ash wrote:

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Ryan Joseph
<thealchemistguild@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a window in a NIB file which I have assigned a class in the "Class
Identity" field and corresponding NSWindow subclass in code. According to
the reference (which is copied below) I think I should be receiving a
initWithCoder: message (there are only 3 options) but I never get it. Custom
classes and NSViews are both receiving init and initWithFrame: respectively.
Should NSWindow be getting this message when it is instantiated from a NIB?
If not, how do I know when NSWindows are instantiated? Thanks for helping.

NSWindows are a special case. They receive their designated
initializer, which is initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:.
Override that one.

Mike

This email sent to thealchemistguild@xxxxxxxxx

Regards,