Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem "rejected Hello
command" with DIR 2.2.6 and FD 5.0.2

On 21/04/2011 8:18 AM, Jérôme Blion wrote:
> Le 21/04/2011 00:05, John Drescher a écrit :
[SNIP]

>> No but a simple rule. The server (director and storage) must be always =
>> client. Also the director must be the same version as the storage.
>> John
> Hello,
>
> This rule is not the real truth.
> I'm backing up a 2.4.4 (Debian Lenny) client on a 5.0.2 (Debian Squeeze)
> Director (and Storage)
> Does the Bacula team plan to provide such compatibility matrix ?

Be *very* aware of the vagaries of email clients, the line above from
John appaers to contain the phrase "always = client", when his original
post contained "always > = client".

This is because somewhere in the chain something wrapped the
line at "> =" and
so the "> " was seen as being a quote lead-in rather than
the ">=" which was intended.

(I wonder how badly mangled this will appear.)

To re-iterate, the simple rule is: "The server (director and storage)
version must be always be greater than or equal to the client version."

Cheers,
Gary B-)