Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem "rejected Hello
command" with DIR 2.2.6 and FD 5.0.2

On 4/20/2011 3:26 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>> This rule is not the real truth.
>> I'm backing up a 2.4.4 (Debian Lenny) client on a 5.0.2 (Debian Squeeze)
>> Director (and Storage)
> That does not violate the rule I gave.
>
>> Does the Bacula team plan to provide such compatibility matrix ?
>>
> This rule has been told to us from the developers countless times on this
> list.
>
> John

Just to clarify--at least in my mail reader, part of John's answer was
rendered as a quoted line rather than as an explicit greater-than sign.
I believe what he sent was director same version as storage, and
server's version greater than or equal to client. Note that bacula 2.2
is more than 3 years old.

-se

-se