Subject: Re: PyKaraoke v0.4.2
Hey Will, long time no speak.
I've been experimenting a lot lately with trying to get pitch shifting
working, and I've made a pleasant discovery that, at least in Linux,
makes it a snap to implement. I'm totally jazzed about this :)
Yeah I spotted this on your blog the other day. Kudos! This is a great
solution as it saves reinventing the wheel. Any chance you could post a
little HOWTO to the list on setting this up? :-)
More directly PyKaraoke-related, I wrote a patch against v0.3 that
added a configurable on-screen display (showing player status, time in
the song, etc.); anybody at all interested in that kind of feature, or
am I just being a showoff at the local shows? :)
I'd need to probably refactor it to work properly in v0.4 since that
introduced the segmented display scheme; though I was just overlaying
FreeType font stuff onto the buffer right before it gets flushed to
the display device, so it may still just apply and work.
If you're modifying the cdgSurfArray, then it just now needs to set
appropriate bitfields in UpdatedTiles to specify which tiles have been
modified. Then cdgDisplayUpdate() will automatically work on only the
updated tiles. If it's not obvious what to do then I'd be happy to do
Thinking about it, it's probably not appropriate to blit the text into
cdgSurfArray as it would get scrolled if there was any scrolling in the
CDG. Better to do this to the unscaled_tiles array immediately before
scaling and output. This way it won't be left hanging around in the main
cdgSurfArray for use by the scrolling code.
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!