osdir.com
mailing list archive F.A.Q. -since 2001!

Subject: بنات
عربيات
أفلام
لساخنات
مصريات و
سوريات و
بنانيات
سكس عربي
و مثير
لأفلام
النادرة
- msg#00424

List: Vinux_linux_support

Vinux_linux_support Navigation:

Website Speed Performance Monitoring

بنات عربيات  أفلام لساخنات  مصريات و سوريات و بنانيات ساخن فلم سكس عربي جامد و مثير حمل  لأفلام النادرة

http://dentistonline2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/techniques-actuelles-de-la-mise-en.html

sex site free for you

http://bit.ly/prwIt5

Thread at a glance:

[VINUX-SUPPORT] Using a scanner and OCR with Vinux

I tried again using the three scanners in the Graphics menu.   I couldn't get both Simple Scan and speedy-ocr to start the scanner. Only the xsane Image Scanner was successful.   I got Xsane to scan to the file out.pnm. The OCR step was unsuccessful (there is something missing.   I then got speedy-ocr to do the OCR on the file. The text was then displayed in gedit.   Now that I can get speedy-ocr to do the OCR on a file, I tested it some more.   I used the HP software to scan a page to a jpg and a pdf file. Both have the text with some gibberish. The pdf file had more gibberish than the .jpg file.   Speedy-ocr turned the empty.pdf file to total gibberish. This file was successfully converted to text using the OCR tools in MS Office 2003.   Clearly, the speedy-ocr does not recognize the scanner nor does it convert PDF files very well.   Without documentation for using speedy-ocr, in the graphics mode, one can only proceed intuitively.   For documentation purposes, it would be nice to have a CLI scan/OCR application.   The speedy-ocr --help and man pages lists all the command line options. This implies that it will work through the console.   Peter   ----- Original Message ----- From: Don Marang To: vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:12 AM Subject: Re: [VINUX-SUPPORT] Using a scanner and OCR with Vinux Bril is right on in diagnosing your main issue.  Speedy-ocr uses simple zenity graphical dialogs and is designed to run within the gnome desktop.  I should update the man page to make this clear.  For it's simplest use, just select it from the Main menu (Alt + F1) > Graphics > Speedy-ocr.  This allows you to select every option except engine, language, and start page.  Any information not provided as an argument, which is needed, including confirmations for each page scanned on the flatbed wil be through a zenity dialog.  The syntax of both commands look correct for use in a gnome terminal.  I will need to test the second command to see if I can duplicate this problem.  It seems to not parse the command properly, before any of the processing or OCR take place.  Selecting the English language is not necessary, unless you have changed the default in the /etc/speedy-ocr.conf file.  Don MarangVinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.orgThere is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.-- Dean Kamen On 8/11/2011 8:55 PM, Peter Tesar wrote: I'm following the steps of Rill. I want to do some OCR using speedy-ocr and Vinux.   I tried speedy-ocr for these two operations:   1) get an image from the scanner and   2) convert a non-text PDF file to text.   From the console, the command:   scanimage -L (upper case L) detects my Hp scanjet flatbed scanner.   Here are the commands and perhaps the key message. indicating that the scan was not successful.     1) Using the scanner with:   speedy-ocr -e=cuneiform -l=eng -s=hp-scan -f=speakers giblib error: can't open X display. It *is* running yeah?     2) To convert a non-text PDF file to text:   speedy-ocr -e=cuneiform -l=eng -i=empty.pdf -f=speakers Unrecognized argument or file: -i=empty.pdf   Before executing the speedy-ocr command, I am in the home directory where the empty.pdf file is located. I also tried the --format=text instead of speakers.     I frequently get PDF files as e-mail attachments. JAWS announces that the file is empty. I then use the OCR scan tool in MS Office 2003 to get the text.   What is wrong with my command line options? Thanks.   Peter   ----- Original Message ----- From: Don Marang To: vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 10:49 PM Subject: Re: [VINUX-SUPPORT] Using a scanner and OCR with Vinux I have never had the extra funding for Open Book or Ker swell.  Instead, I wrote speedy-ocr to meet my needs.  I am sure it is not as slick as the expensive Windows AT products.  However, it is free.  What sort of features are you interested in?  What type of documents will you be scanning?  What is your scanner make and model?  The first step, no matter which Linux software you use is to get driver software installed for your scanner and to have it recognized by sane, which interfaces to all Linux scanners.  First install speedy-ocr, it will install several OCR engines and all of the dependencies, including sane.  sudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install speedy-ocrIf the graphical application, xsane or the command line program, scanimage can find your scanner, you probably will not need to search for drivers for your particular scanner.  Otherwise, I suggest the following webpage to locate your driver software.  http://www.linux-drivers.org/printer_scanner.htmlAs always, I am interested in how others use OCR software to determine what can be accomplished in future releases of speedy-ocr or to add other tools that can provide those finctions.  Don MarangVinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.orgThere is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.-- Dean Kamen On 8/9/2011 7:36 PM, Rill wrote: Hi again, I'm setting up my desktop with Vinux. This is the box with a print printer, a Braille embosser and a scanner. I have posted already about the Braille embosser. Now I need help with the scanner. It may be helpful to know that I have previously used Kerzweil and Open Book on a Windows machine. I'm used to the program doing all the heavy lifting for me. I'm wondering which program to use to scan paper documents and of course would welcome any tips and tricks. Rill -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Support Forum" group.To post to this group, send email to vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vinux-support+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vinux-support?hl=en. Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/Vinux Wiki Documentation:http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Support Forum" group.To post to this group, send email to vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vinux-support+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vinux-support?hl=en. Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/Vinux Wiki Documentation:http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Support Forum" group.To post to this group, send email to vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTo unsubscribe from this group, send email to vinux-support+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFor more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vinux-support?hl=en. Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/Vinux Wiki Documentation:http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Support Forum" group. To post to this group, send email to vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vinux-support+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vinux-support?hl=en.   Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/ Vinux Wiki Documentation:http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/

Re: [VINUX-SUPPORT] Speedy-ocr does not detect my scanner.

The output from my scanimage command is: device `microtek2:/dev/sg3' is a Microtek ScanMaker V6UPL flatbed scanner Armed with this information, how do I go about getting speedy-ocr to recognize this scanner? Thx. Rill On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, Don Marang wrote: Jen, speedy-ocr will use the default scanning device.  This does not normally happen.  Some of these graphical scanning applications, like xsane or Simple Scan, force you to find and select your default scanner the first time it is run.  It then sets the SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE environment variable.  The variable assignment in the /etc/speedy-ocr.conf file overrides this variable just for speedy-ocr if desired.  Only the first part of the device name should be needed.  The assignment below should work for your scanner.  SANE_DEFAULT_DEVICE=pixma Don Marang Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter. -- Dean Kamen On 8/12/2011 6:45 AM, Jen wrote: Hi, I have drivers for my cannon scanner, which is being detected fine with the 'Simple scan' program on Vinux. Speedy-ocr can't detect it, so I think I need to specify something in /etc/speedy-ocr.conf. The output from 'scanimage -L' is:     device `pixma:04A9173B_D538DD' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MP270 multi-function peripheral Can someone please let me know what I need to put in the config file, or if there is something else I should do? Cheers, Jen. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Support Forum" group. To post to this group, send email to vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vinux-support+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vinux-support?hl=en.   Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/ Vinux Wiki Documentation:http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Vinux Support Forum" group. To post to this group, send email to vinux-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vinux-support+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vinux-support?hl=en. Vinux Home Page: http://vinuxproject.org/ Vinux Wiki Documentation:http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/

Dice Jobs عربيات أفلام لساخنات مصريات و سوريات و بنانيات سكس عربي جامد و مثير لأفلام النادرة

بنات عربيات  أفلام لساخنات  مصريات و سوريات و بنانيات ساخن فلم سكس عربي جامد و مثير حمل  لأفلام النادرةhttp://dentistonline2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/techniques-actuelles-de-la-mise-en.html -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dice Jobs" group. To post to this group, send an email to dice-jobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to dice-jobs+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/dice-jobs?hl=en-GB.

[android-discuss] أحمد عز يتهرب من اكمال المقابلة في قناة العربية Ahmed Ezz is sidestepping the complete interview in the Al-Arabiya

أحمد عز يتهرب من اكمال المقابلة في قناة العربية Ahmed Ezz is sidestepping the complete interview in the Al-Arabiya http://www.rankingofuniversity.com/youtube_v.php?c=22&ARTID=CJgV8iejghs -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.

Home | News | Sitemap | FAQ | advertise | OSDir is an Inevitable website. GBiz is too!