osdir.com
mailing list archive F.A.Q. -since 2001!

low ad version

Subject: [android-developers] Unable to instantiate
activity...ClassNotFoundException - msg#00523

List: Android-Developers

Android-Developers Navigation:

My app has about 100,000 downloads and the following error is being
reported in my market console a few times a week (i.e. it's a rare but
consistent problem):

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate activity
ComponentInfo{com.spacer.test/com.spacer.test.MainActivity}:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.spacer.test.MainActivity in
loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/mnt/asec/com.spacer.test-2/
pkg.apk]
at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:
2585)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:
2679)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2300(ActivityThread.java:125)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:
2033)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit
$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
com.spacer.test.MainActivity in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/
mnt/asec/com.spacer.test-2/pkg.apk]
at dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.findClass(PathClassLoader.java:243)
at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1021)
at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:
2577)
... 11 more

As no users have contacted me about when and where this problem arises
I have very little go on. I've tested my app on about 10 hardware
devices though and I cannot replicate this problem. My app only has
two activities and I can launch them both just fine. I've only ever
seen errors like the above when I've put the wrong class names in my
manifest files.

Does anyone have any hints about what could cause the above?

Thread at a glance:

[android-developers] Add View to Custom Component

I have created custom component with a Button Bar on the Bottom of the screen and a Title and status bar on the top of the screen. I want to include this custom component in every one of my Activities. Now, in a any given activity, how do I go about adding content on the screen (say a button in the middle of the screen) in a addition to my custom component thats ever present? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group. To post to this group, send email to android-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-developers+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

Re: [android-developers] Creating a class and migrating causes NullPointerException

OMG I hate it when I miss something that simple... thanks I can't believe I forgot to move the "client = new DefaultHttpClient();" Thanks again for taking the time too look that over! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group. To post to this group, send email to android-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-developers+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

[android-developers] Add View to Custom Component

I have created custom component with a Button Bar on the Bottom of the screen and a Title and status bar on the top of the screen. I want to include this custom component in every one of my Activities. Now, in a any given activity, how do I go about adding content on the screen (say a button in the middle of the screen) in a addition to my custom component thats ever present? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group. To post to this group, send email to android-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-developers+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

Re: [android-developers] Unable to instantiate activity...ClassNotFoundException

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM, spaceraiders <spaceraiders@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Does anyone have any hints about what could cause the above?I've gotten a few of these as well (and I think a discussion on this came up after the Developer Console starting show bug reports). AFAICT, the installation process sometimes leaves the app in a corrupt state leading to weird errors like this. Don't think there's much you can do about it.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group. To post to this group, send email to android-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-developers+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

Home | News | Sitemap | FAQ | advertise | OSDir is an Inevitable website. GBiz is too! | Ad Serving by nView.io