Re: [users@httpd] httpd won't start with SQLSRV enabled

I'm going to venture that you're using the mod_php DSO here. Please clarify otherwise.

If a mod_php extension prevent httpd from starting normally, I would use strace to get the exact error, first:

strace -o /tmp/outputfile -s 5000 httpd -X or strace -ff -F -s200 -o /tmp/strace.out -p PID

It might be time to look into more modern approaches, such as using php-fpm and fcgi with httpd.