Re: svn commit: r1844001 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl: mod_ssl.c ssl_engine_kernel.c ssl_private.h

On 17/10/2018 15:44, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 02:29:42PM +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> One of the customer complains is that having the variables exposed like
>> in StdEnvars has a huge performances cost (everything is exposed for
>> each request) , he wants to check one variable and then decide in his
>> code what are the other he needs to access and yes he wants to know what
>> we can expose...
>
> That is all possible with ssl_var_lookup() today.  What is it you're
> trying to do that isn't possible (or efficient) today?

The customer is OK to use ssl_var_lookup(), I am good with that part ;-)

> The API which mod_ssl exposes is the list of SSL_ variable, a list of
> (name,value) pairs.  That some of those keys are listed in the
> ssl_hook_Fixup_vars array and some are not is an implementation detail
> which makes no sense to expose in the API.
>
> If you wanted a new API which exposes the available SSL variable *names*
> without computing the values, that might makes sense but it is expensive
> in the general case because you'd still need to parse the DNs.
Good point, but it is still less expensive than using the StdEnvars
logic. I have rollback my commit and I am reworking it the next days.

Many thanks for the comments

--
Cheers

Jean-Frederic