Re: svn commit: r1844001 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl: mod_ssl.c ssl_engine_kernel.c ssl_private.h

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 07:21:54PM +0200, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 10/16/2018 02:53 PM, jfclere@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Author: jfclere
> > Date: Tue Oct 16 12:53:18 2018
> > New Revision: 1844001

> 1. Instead of using literals you should use defines for them in mod_ssl.h. I understand that you want to use this
>    in other modules. So it needs to become part of the mod_ssl API.
> 2. Also the provider seems to provide only one method it should be stored in a clearly defined struct like e.g.
>    authz_provider in mod_auth.h
> 3. Why using the provider interface at all? You have only one method and it doesn't look like that other providers
>    should be implemented. Looks like a perfect case for an optional function to me which we have various in mod_ssl,
>    e.g. ssl_proxy_enable

Doesn't make sense to expose that structure at all IMO, it's an
implementation detail.  Might make sense to have a new optional function
which is passed an apr_table_t * and populate it exactly as +StdEnvars
does, i.e. factor that code out:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c?revision=1844001&view=markup#l1549

actually make it equivalent to ssl_hook_Fixup() as a whole maybe.