Re: [VOTE] Release httpd-2.4.36

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 3:06 AM Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

See my mail on the other thread. It seems that h2 traffic triggers a call sequence that exposes a change in OpenSSL behaviour of SSL_read() between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1. It looks as if mod_ssl interpreted the return codes of SSL_read() in a way that no longer works and that we need to change mod_ssl handling here.

Stefan, thanks for the detailed analysis else-thread, and thank you Rainer for the detailed defect report. It would be interesting to trigger this deliberately in the test framework.

> On October 14, 2018 4:44:04 PM CDT, "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessarek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2018-10-10 15:18, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> Hi, all;
>    Please find below the proposed release tarball and signatures:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpd/
>
> I would like to call a VOTE over the next few days to release this
> candidate tarball as 2.4.36:
> [ ] +1: It's not just good, it's good enough!
> [ ] +0: Let's have a talk.
> [ ] -1: There's trouble in paradise. Here's what's wrong.

Based on the observed change of SSL_read which we had not entirely accounted for, I'm -1 for GA release.

I don't think it's helpful for us to ship this defect in any alpha or beta of trunk. I'd consider it a showstopper.