Re: svn commit: r1748461 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: ./ CHANGES support/ab.c

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 at 20:00, Gregg Smith <gls@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/13/2018 8:32 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand.
>
> Gregg, can you shed some insight here? For both, applink.c is helpful if
> the OpenSSL .dll files are created with a different VC compiler than
> abs.exe was compiled with.

Not true, OSSL 1.0.2 I know from experience if applink.c is not included
it will still err even if both ab.c & OSSL are compiled with the same VC
version (14 & 15). I never tested 1.1.0.

That's true: since OpenSSL 1.0.2 applink.c is required even if OpenSSL и application uses same VC toolchain.

Alternative solution to including applink.c could stop using OpenSSL APIs that uses stdio and provide APR based BIO implementation. In this case OpenSSL will never use stdio functions. It would also support building mod_ssl with OpenSSL compiled with option --no-stdio.

--
Ivan Zhakov