Re: svn commit: r1748461 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: ./ CHANGES support/ab.c

Sorry, I don't understand.

Gregg, can you shed some insight here? For both, applink.c is helpful if the OpenSSL .dll files are created with a different VC compiler than abs.exe was compiled with. And it is only effective if compiled into the .exe, it cannot be found from a .dll or Apache .so loadable.module. Otherwise, I understand this to be a noop.

OpenSSL project deprecated, that is, no longer ships applink.c in include/openssl/ install directory. LibreSSL and BoringSSL have no such resource.

Since you indicate that patching is trivial, and building with two different compilers isn't something an open source project should fret about, the Apache.exe and abs.exe should behave the same way. Pick one.