From: Daniel Ruggeri <druggeri@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 25 September 2018 15:08
To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oss-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CVE-2018-11763: mod_http2, DoS via continuous SETTINGS frames

CVE-2018-11763: mod_http2, DoS via continuous SETTINGS frames

Severity: Low

Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
httpd 2.4.17 to 2.4.34

By sending continuous, large SETTINGS frames a client can occupy a
connection, server thread and CPU time without any connection timeout
coming to effect.
This affects only HTTP/2 connections. A possible mitigation is to
not enable the h2 protocol.

Mitigation:
All httpd users should upgrade to 2.4.35 or later.

Credit:
The issue was discovered by Gal Goldshtein of F5 Networks.