Re: Developing Private Cache Module

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 2:29 PM Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A cache_provider implements the methods needed by mod_cache to
> store/retrieve the data (HTTP headers/body) according to RFC-7234.
> The norm for "when" or "what" to cache is mod_cache's business, while
> the "how" is left to the cache_provider, so concurrency happens at the
> cache_provider level but is quite dictated by mod_cache's logic with
> regard to concurrent requests.

I mean improving concurrency would preferably benefit mod_cache with
any cache_provider, whereas improving mod_cache_socache only (SHM,
memcache, dbm, ...) wouldn't help the most used provider which is
mod_cache_disk.
For this reason it seems to me that concurrency improvements belongs
in mod_cache itself, but without more details I can only speculate...