Re: 2.4.35 in Sept?

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 4:14 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Since we still have no schema to solve the project maintenance side of
> shipping source code

Sorry, but we have this thing called creating test tarballs and calling for a vote. I am sure you remember that.

The idea is that people actually take the time to download the tarballs, build a version of httpd for their use and then perform testing on said version such that they can vote on whether to release it or not. That testing entails such activities as running it through our test framework, putting it in a dev/prod environment to see how it works, etc... That is a schema that we have had for... let me see... years and decades.

What improvements do you have to suggest to improve upon this? Do you recommend a longer vote time? Do you recommend beta and/or release-candidates? Do you recommend that the 1st born of all voters be held in a camp until the release has "proven" itself to be up to your satisfaction ensuring that said voters have "skin in the game"?

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.