Re: 2.4.x and 2.6.x ... next steps

> Am 12.09.2018 um 16:19 schrieb Graham Leggett <minfrin@xxxxxxxx>:
>
> On 12 Sep 2018, at 15:39, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Now, why would we *need* a 2.5.x branch?
>
> The primary need is to remove stuff that we deem not-ready-for-2.6-yet. Modules without any docs for example would need to be either documented or removed-from-2.5-that-will-become-2.6, keeping trunk as it is.
>
> We don’t want to remove work from trunk that needs polishing for the reasons you’ve already described.

While we certainly do not want to dis any work in progress - and I think no one has that intention - trunk needs to be clean and ready for beta releases. Otherwise, it is just more work for all contributors. Someone who gets stuck in development of a feature should move it to its own feature branch for that very reason.

I feel myself in agreement with Bill that trunk needs to be where 2.5.x is born.

-Stefan