Re: svn commit: r1198930 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/mod_core.h server/core.c server/main.c

On 08/03/2018 12:45 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> +    ap_init_rng(ap_pglobal);
>>
>> With APR trunk used this now causes httpd to SEGFAULT in EVP_cleanup
>> when it stops in case mod_ssl is loaded. This is because mod_ssl
>> stored data in Openssl data structures that points to it (likely
>> static data in mod_ssl), but it gets unloaded due to the pconf pool
>> cleanup before the crypto_lib_cleanup runs EVP_cleanup as it is a
>> cleanup on the parent pool ap_pglobal.
>
> Ouch, ISTM that mod_ssl should cleanup what it owns after itself.
> Any idea which static data (or code/callbacks) in mod_ssl are still pointed to?

The static data referenced here is in libssl. So libssl gets unloaded because mod_ssl gets unloaded,
libcrypto stays as we have it linked to APR. So we get caught by some internal referencing
between libssl and libcrypto. So probably the crypto part of APR needs to load libssl as well.

Regards

Rüdiger